This page includes agreements for certain offerings from The Donatello Group, LLC. Agreements may vary based on the offering.
Master Coaching Agreement
The Donatello Group, LLC
This Agreement is entered into by and between: The Donatello Group, LLC 2 Massachusetts Ave NE #76378 Washington, DC (Coach Organization) and (Client) whereby Coach Organization agrees to provide Coaching Services for Client focusing on topics/results/outcomes/goals as defined in the client coaching proposal or training taken by the Client.
Description of Coaching: Coaching is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals. Coaching is not counseling or consulting. The coach may provide advice at the coach’s discretion.
- Coach-Client Relationship
- Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” (Coachfederation.org/ethics). It is recommended that the Client review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behavior.
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. The coach is not responsible for taking any actions on behalf of the client. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
- The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
- The parties agree to engage in a minimum of four  coaching sessions through telephonic or internet meetings (e.g., Videoconference).
- The client may schedule no more than 4 sessions per month. Scheduling is based on availability of the coach.
- Other methods of meeting must be agreed upon in writing by both parties. Coach will be available to Client by e-mail in between scheduled meetings as defined by the Coach.
- Coach will respond only during normal business hours (no later than 8PM, ET).
- Coach reserves the right to defer responses until the next session, depending on the nature and difficulty of the response. Additional fees may apply to Client communications outside of scheduled Client meetings.
- Coach may also be available for additional time, per Client’s request on a rate described in the client proposal (for example, reviewing documents, reading or writing reports, engaging in other Client related services outside of coaching hours).
- Trainings delivered by the Coach Organization will follow the agreement established for specific trainings.
- Schedule and Fees
- Coaching agreement and trainings are valid as of the date of the fully ratified agreement by both parties, or when the Client purchases.
- The retainer fee in the amount to cover 4 meetings will be due each month. The calls/meetings shall be 30 minutes (not exceed 60 minutes). The coach may use discretion in partnership with the Client to determine whether sessions will be longer than 30 minutes.
- The prevailing rates will apply at the time of agreement.
- There are no refunds for partially or fully completed meetings and meetings not canceled within 24 hours of the meeting time. All other refund scenarios will be made at the discretion of the Coach on a case-by-case basis.
- Coaching Organization reserves the right to change prices based on market demand.
- The time of the coaching meetings and/or location will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time.
- The Coach will provide the Client with dates of availability and the Client may select a day that works for the Client.
- The Client will initiate all scheduled calls and will call the Coach (or log into the appropriate systems) on time.
- If the Coach will be at any other number for a scheduled call, Client will be notified prior to the scheduled appointment time. The Coach may elect to schedule meetings at the Coach’s discretion. If the Coach experiences scheduling issues, the Client is responsible for calling the Coach.
- The Client agrees to contribute to an environment that will ensure the success of coaching sessions, including but not limited to the following:
- Be present in all sessions
- Be honest
- Be yourself
- Be action-oriented
- Be accountable
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege.
- The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s full name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
- Confidential Information does not include information that:
- (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client;
- (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry;
- (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client;
- (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or
- (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose;
- (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and
- (g) involves illegal activity.
- The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
- Release of Information
- The Coach engages in training and continuing education pursuing and/or maintaining ICF (International Coach Federation) Credentials. That process requires the names and contact information of all Clients for possible verification by ICF.
- By using the Coaching Organization services, you agree to have only your name, contact information and start and end dates of coaching shared with ICF staff members and/or other parties involved in this process for the sole and necessary purpose of verifying the coaching relationship, no personal notes will be shared.
- According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
- Some sessions may be recorded for ICF Credentialing and training purposes. The Client will be asked to agree to recordings. The Client will not be recorded unless the Client agrees to being recorde
- Cancellation Policy
- Client agrees that it is the Client's responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach reserves the right to bill Client (or retain payment) for a missed meeting without providing additional services. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
- Record Retention Policy
- The Client acknowledges that the Coach has disclosed his/her record retention policy with respect to documents, information and data acquired or shared during the term of the Coach-Client relationship. Such records will be maintained by the Coach in a format of the Coach’s choice (print or digital/electronic) for a period of not more than 7 years.
- Coach provides no guarantees that the Coach will maintain documentation for the Client, or provide Client copies of documentation. Client is responsible for maintaining all copies of documentation related to Coaching.
- Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time with 2 weeks written notice.
- Client agrees to compensate the Coach for all coaching services rendered through and including the effective date of termination of the coaching relationship.
- Coach reserves the right to automatically terminate the agreement if retainer fees are not current. Client is responsible for paying a reinstatement fee in this instance. Coach Organization reserves the right to waive this fee on a case-by-case basis.
- Limited Liability
- Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
- The information and advice provided in this coaching sessions, trainings, or workshops is designed to provide accurate and authoritative recommendations on the subject matter covered. It is offered with the understanding that the presenter is not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert advice is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. Adapted from a Declaration of Principles jointly adopted by a committee of the American Bar Association and a Committee of Publishers and Associations.
- The presenter specifically disclaims any liability, loss, or risk, personal or otherwise, incurred as a result of directly or indirectly using and applying concepts and techniques in trainings and workshops.
- Trainings and workshops are meant only for those who have purchased the service in accordance with the pricing set by the organizer.
- Reproduction, translation, or unauthorized sharing of any part of coaching sessions, trainings, workshops, or any other work, product or service provided or promoted by the Coach Organization without written permission of the copyright, patent, or trademark owner is unlawful and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Entire Agreement
- This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter.
- This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
- Dispute Resolution
- If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after notice given.
- If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- Coaching Organization reserves the right to modify this agreement without notice, to address administrative errors and changes as needed.
- The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
- Applicable Law
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.
- Binding Effect
- This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns. The Client agrees the provisions within this agreement upon signing any proposal, or purchasing any product or service provided by the Coaching Organization.
The Donatello Group, LLC
PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
We, The Donatello Group LLC, collect your information and can be contacted anytime at email@example.com. You can lodge any complaints with us via that same email, or request to be removed from our email lists, phone lists, or advertising targeting, too.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and have explained in detail the steps we take to do so. We control the Sites from offices in the United States and its territories. We do not represent that materials on the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access these Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable.
When you submit information to us or visit any of our Sites, we use it in an ongoing nature to ensure you receive the information or purchases you’ve made with us, to deliver relevant future content via our email newsletters and other marketing avenues, to track how much you use our Sites or services, and to make future offers through our company or any other company that is involved in delivering your purchases, bonuses, or content. By giving us your contact information at any time, you are granting us the right to contact you in the future in any manner necessary, at our discretion, for ongoing personal and professional development. You can unsubscribe from our email newsletters at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all of our emails.
If you want us to no longer contact you or store your information, just write us at firstname.lastname@example.org, anytime, with your request and we will begin removing you from our services or content, as appropriate, and as soon as we can.
Outside Websites (Their Privacy Policies May Be Different)
How and Why We Collect Information
We collect your email address and other contact information when you submit it, and some limited Site information and behavior, in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select or in order to contact you or advertise to you later. If you register for a seminar, for example, the information you give us – your phone number, email, and address – is used to reserve your seat, to track your preferences, and to keep you informed about the seminar and related personal development content, offers, and events until you unsubscribe or ask for your data to be removed. If you visit our Sites, we may use Facebook, Google or other tracking tools to understand your behavior on our Sites and to deliver advertising to you in the future.
As a visitor to our Sites, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. In connection with other activities, such as utilizing registering for a seminar or participating in a sweepstakes, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us with personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including ZIP code), e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and any other personal information we feel is applicable. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In all cases, we will collect personal identification information, like your email or phone number, only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We will also tell you how we use your information or if we share it with another party.
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will never sell any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission. If you supply us with your contact information you may receive periodic e-mails, mailings or calls from us with information on new products and services, important issues, or upcoming events.
If you wish to be removed from any postal, email, phone, or other lists, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. Please provide us with your exact name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. We will be sure your name is removed from the appropriate lists as soon as possible.
When you use our Sites, we or our authorized technology services provider may also collect certain technical and routing information from you to facilitate your use of the Sites and its services, or to contact you, or advertise in the future. We use this information to administer the Sites and to understand and measure traffic patterns on the Sites. That way we know which areas of our Sites are favorites of our users, which areas need improvement, and what technologies are being used, so that we may continually improve our Sites for mobile and future technical platforms. This information is collected mostly in aggregate form, without identifying you or any user individually. However, in some cases we use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather data about you or your computer location. We may use this statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, advertising, or similar promotional purposes. This data is often tracked by us or our technology services provider by using “cookies” or “pixels” during your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords, purchases, and preferences and to deliver targeted messages or advertising to you in the future. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. For some web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.
We also use Facebook “pixels” on many of our Site so that we can understand your digital behavior and potentially later target you with related advertising. We also use Google Analytics to understand how long you might spend on our Sites or how you interact with our Sites.
If you ever choose to opt-out of targeted advertising with us, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove your email from any advertising we may use.
As always, you can unsubscribe from any of our emails at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you received from us.
We do not store any information about you on our servers, other than that which you submit into one of our forms, and in any case we hold your sensitive information, like your credit card information, with software that keeps it encrypted. Any other information stored happens via cookies or pixels as described above, and as facilitated via third party tools (like Facebook, Google, Udemy or Kajabi). Below are examples of how we may use any information to better communicate with you:
- Provide and administer the services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of a mobile app);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Sites’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Sites and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our services.
When you submit information to us, then, we use it in an ongoing nature to ensure you receive the information or purchases you’ve made with us, to deliver relevant future content via our newsletters, and to make future offers through our company or any other company that is involved in delivering your purchases.
As an example, if you purchase certain courses from us, you may receive a bonus coaching session which is delivered from The Donatello Group, LLC by a separate system or company that runs that particular program (like one of The Donatello Group, LLC systems and companies, Udemy). To deliver that coaching, we may share your information with other system so they can contact you to schedule that coaching call(s) you received as part of your purchase. At any time, you can contact us not to have your information shared with such service providers, but you may lose access to certain purchase bonuses or items if you do not allow the delivering third-party to contact you.
As most of our programs are for ongoing educational purposes in the field of personal and professional development, you should assume we will continue to contact you in perpetuity via email or via social media in order to deliver our services, serve you related content, make recommendations, learn about your preferences, grant you products, deliver programs to you with or from other platforms or companies, advertise to you or look alike audiences, send you surveys, and other fulfillment or marketing purposes.
By using our Sites and submitting any information with us, you agree to these terms without exception and agree to waive liability and not hold us liable for any use of your information, in perpetuity, under any circumstances, including waiving your right to participate or initiate any class action complaints.
Again, if you want us to no longer contact you, just write to us at email@example.com, anytime with your request, and we will begin removing you from our services or content, as appropriate, and as soon as we can.
The contents of our Sites, as well as any of our content on our affiliated Sites, are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are the property of their owners. You can not repost or resale any of our content without permission, as it is our protected or proprietary content and asstes. The Financial Maxim, The Real Estate Investment Model for Wealth, and many of our courses and brands are owned by The Donatello Group, LLC. “What They Don’t Teach You In School”; as well as the brands of The Donatello group, LLC are trademarked or controlled by The Donatello Group, LLC, and all information on our Sites is copyrighted by the designee on the footer.
Unless otherwise noted, you may access and use the information and materials within the Sites for your personal use only. You may not change, modify, delete, display, transmit, adapt, exploit, or copy for distribution or sale any information, material, trademark, or copyright on the Sites, or any of our affiliated Sites. You must obtain written permission from us or any other entity who owns intellectual property on the Sites before you may publish, distribute, display, or commercially exploit any material from the Sites and if you do not gain our written permission you will be held liable for significant damages. By using the Sites, you agree to these restrictions and to abide by all copyright notices.
The Donatello Group, LLC
- We take pride in selecting our affiliate partners and have a process to vet partners to ensure they meet the standards of our Clients.
- When you purchase products or services promoted through an affiliate link on our site we may receive a commission from an affiliate partner.
- You are solely responsible for any action you take on another company’s site and purchases with them. If we are paid by an affiliate, it does not cost you any extra – they are compensating us for referring you to them. In addition, we are able to get you discounts and trials to companies we approve of; and we only recommend companies we’ve vetted.
- Results for products or services promoted through this website may vary from person to person and are not guaranteed.
- We do not provide refunds for purchases you make through our affiliates.
- We make no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the products or services of our affiliates negotiated, agreed upon and/or rendered.
- In no event shall the The Donatello Group, LLC be liable to the for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the The Donatello Group, LLC’s no liability, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to remedies to be gained by the affiliate organization.